WHOLE BUILDING COMMISSIONING
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2017
Zero / Six Consulting
6101 Harborside Dr., Galveston TX 77550
12:30 PM - 5:30 PM
View the Flyer
About this Event
For years, we have commissioned dynamic systems to ensure performance throughout the whole enclosure while assuming that the static envelope would also perform. Over time, commissioning (Cx) and specialty Cx disciplines, such as building envelope commissioning (BECx), have gained momentum as necessary processes in achieving optimal building performance through mandatory requirements as set forth by LEED v4 and the 2015 IECC codes. This presentation establishes the foundation for integrating commissioning with other professional disciplines through the use of 3rd party consultants, performance testing and mock-ups beginning in the design phase and continuing through to project close-out. This presentation will also describe the methods, phases, activities and testing opportunities for effective whole building commissioning. During Part 2 of this session, participants will tour an ISO-accredited laboratory that displays a pre-construction mock-up created to provide insight into potential design conflicts, sequencing of exterior systems, and establishing installation requirements to ensure these installed systems interface as intended.
Pre-arranged transportation available. Max 12 seats.
- 11:00 AM -- Depart from City of Houston Permitting Center (for those who registered for the pre-arranged transportation option only)
- 12:30 PM -- Registration/Check-in
- 1:00 PM -- Introductions
- 1:15 PM - 2:00 PM -- Overview of Cx Requirements
- 2:15 PM - 3:00 PM -- Cx Language in Project Manuals
- 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM -- Tour of UTMB Mock-up
- 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM -- BBQ
1. Understand the life span of the commissioning process.
2. Understand the players in the process and how each player fits into that process.
3. Understand the difference between the commissioning process of the past versus the movement towards “whole building commissioning”; and how LEED v4 and the 2015 IECC will influence the commissioning process moving forward.
4. Understand how commissioning language in project manuals needs to coordinate with the testing requirements typically found in the project manual.
- If you are taking advantage of the pre-arranged transportation, meet at the City of Houston Permitting Center, 1002 Washington Ave, Houston, TX 77002. The transport will depart at 11:00 AM. (Select Transportation check-box on the final registration page.)
- If you are not taking the pre-arranged transportation and will be driving yourself, please meet at Z6 at 12:30 PM.