Friday, March 13, 2020
USGBC Texas is diligently following state and local updates regarding Covid-19. We are committed to the health of our members, event attendees, and our communities.
We are closely monitoring advisories and updates from the CDC and local health officials across Texas and following the expertise and guidance provided by the CDC, WHO, and relevant Departments of Health, and event venues to make informed decisions. Currently, no public health authority in the United States is advising the cancellations of gatherings such as ours and there are no restrictions on domestic travel.
We recognize that this is a rapidly evolving situation. Decisions regarding each USGBC Texas event will be determined independently, as factors affecting one location may not affect another. We will send more detailed information for each region next week.
In the meantime, please see the information below.
- If health concerns prevent you from attending an event, please reach out to us at email@example.com or call 214.571.9244.
- Some events may be moved to an online format with notification provided to all registrants in advance.
- Notifications will be sent to all attendees if an event needs to be rescheduled or canceled.
Committee and Council meetings:
- State and regional council and committee meetings will be hosted remotely at least through the end of April (either via call-in or webinar).
Event and facilities standards:
- USGBC Texas is taking extra steps to maintain clean surfaces and provide event and meeting attendees with hand-washing facilities, sanitizer, etc. Even so, those who are at higher risk of health complications should consider staying home and joining events by conference call or webinar, if possible.
We strongly encourage those ill and at higher risk to stay home and we encourage everyone to follow general hygiene best practices. We look forward to seeing you at a USGBC Texas events when possible.