RATING SYSTEM ROULETTE: AN OVERVIEW OF THE GBCI'S SUSTAINABILITY RATING SYSTEMS AND THEIR SYNERGIES
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Matt's El Rancho
2613 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
About this Event
Looking at LEED? Interested in EDGE? Psyched about SITES? What about WELL?
Join us for lunch and learn about all the Rating Systems administered by GBCI, and how they interact and complement each other. Together, these rating systems cover the built environment, occupant health and wellness, supply chain concerns, energy production, transportation issues, and more - all working toward a more resilient future.
- Understanding of the array of sustainability rating systems available through Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI).
- The interaction of multiple sustainability rating systems, their differences, and synergies will be discussed so that attendees can accurately choose which rating system(s) might be a good fit for their projects.
- Identify ways that new tools, resources and offerings from GBCI can build your company's green business leadership capacity, including LEED v4, ParkSmart, SITES and Arc.
- Incorporate the Arc platform as a value add to LEED v4 projects and your green services of validated building performance.
- Compare LEED v4 credits and synergies in a crosswalk with other green building systems.
About the Speaker
Jonathan Kraatz is the Executive director for USGBC Texas, bringing together green building resources and knowledge from across the state.
He earned a LEED Green Associate credential in 2010 and speaks regularly about the Chapter's mission,LEED, and building sustainability. Kraatz has presented best practices workshops to national audiences for USGBC and was elected to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Fort Worth Association Executives, a chapter of the ASAE, in 2013. He was also named part of Who’s Who in Energy by the Dallas Business Journal in 2012, 2013, and again in 2014.
In 2015 he was awarded the President's Volunteer Service Award, a premier volunteer awards program encouraging citizens to lead a life of service from the President of the United States, for his efforts with the USGBC Chapter Network Evolution Working Groups.
He holds a degree in Journalism from Texas A&M University and credits being challenged early in his career by great mentors for the flexibility and adaptability that has shaped him as a leader.